Most Viewed Video Today

Wire FM: Local

Warrington Trending Videos

Mashable

Wednesday 19 August 2020

Boredoom is the perfect term for the crushing mix of boredom and anxiety in 2020

Boredoom is the perfect term for the crushing mix of boredom and anxiety in 2020

Never in my life did I imagine that living through some of the world's darkest days would be so incredibly... boring.

I've been quarantining at home since March 1, and while I'm more than happy to stay inside, isolate from friends and family, and avoid public settings to help stop the spread of the coronavirus, I have to admit: I'm bored as hell.

In addition to the boredom, I also somehow simultaneously overwhelmed with anxiety about politics, health, safety, the environment, and, basically, the future of humanity as a whole. I've certainly experienced boredom and anxiety in tandem before. (The past few years haven't exactly been a cakewalk, after all.) But in this moment, with the relentless chaos that is 2020, the constant overlap of the two has caused them to blend into a single, troubling new sensation — one that I now call "boredoom." Read more...

More about Quarantine, Coronavirus, Culture, and Web Culture

from TV Aerial Installation Services Warrington https://mashable.com/article/boredoom-coronavirus-pandemic-quarantine-2020/
via TV Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment