Most Viewed Video Today

Wire FM: Local

Warrington Trending Videos

Mashable

Thursday 8 August 2019

'Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark' can't outrun your childhood hell

TwitterFacebook

Driving home after seeing Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, I called my dad. 

I asked about his day. He asked about mine. Then, as I drove through the night with a prickly awareness of my vacant backseat and my high beams lighting the road, we spoke of the stories.

In many ways, the nightmarish chronicles of Alvin Schwartz's three-part book series feel inscrutably entangled with my dad, who would read them aloud to my sister and me. Tales of vengeful scarecrows, corpses refusing to rest, and calls coming from inside the house were staple celebrations of our household Halloweens. 

Watching André Øvredal's adaption, I was reminded of the many times I'd heard these stories before.  Read more...

More about Guillermo Del Toro, Book To Film Adaptation, Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark, Entertainment, and Movies Tv Shows

from TV Aerial Installation Services Warrington http://feeds.mashable.com/~r/Mashable/~3/ATsLyCgr1pk/
via TV Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment